Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vacation Needed

I wish the reason I haven't posted was due to a vacation...after last week I could really use one.  Kid # 1 came down with a fever on Wednesday, nothing high, just enough of one to keep him home.  On Thursday it spiked to 103...thank you very much he had strep.  Glad that he had something verses a virus that we just get to wait out.  Kid # 2 has been sick for weeks, not exaggerating at all, croup one week, puking the next, thought we were good, ready to get back into our "routine" and Kid # 1 is sick, well Kid # 2's nose has been gross for some time...he has a nose infection.  The MD didn't check him for strep as she was going to put him on antibiotics as well.  Kid # 3 or the baby has a cold.  Can this Mom catch a break please?  Guessing not as I had to stop typing to deal with Kid # 2 coughing and well puking.  Not sure why he chokes on his snot at night and throws up, but as my husband and I discussed it last night, we are both tired of it.  Planning on calling the MD today to trouble shoot with her to see what we can do.

So "That Mom" as I am often called is trying to catch a break, I wasn't feeling 100% last week, the stress of having 3 sick kids, plus a few extra kids as I was trying to help out some friends and of course, I had some deadlines I needed to meet.  With all that being said, I got sick, I did take a night and head to bed early but as a mom do we ever really get a break?

So now I'm waiting for the MD to call back to figure out what is going on with Kid # 2...just tried some honey to calm the cough, hoping it works soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment